The TwinCam dual camera adapter from our partner company Cairn Research Ltd. gives the opportunity to connect two high-end imaging cameras to one camera port for simultaneous imaging. The emission light will be distributed by a free accessible filter cube into two unrestricted images based on wavelength, polarization state or focal depth. Nevertheless, the custom designed optics enable superior image quality on large sensors of sCMOS or EMCCD cameras. Furthermore, an enhanced performance with all camera sensors is ensured by a correspondingly larger aperture and a better correction.
The simple and accessible design makes the TwinCam an excellent platform for alternative applications. Applications such as dual polarization imaging or simultaneous high speed and high resolution imaging by using differently optimized cameras. Therefore, the polarization rotator and the cube beamsplitter option complete your setup. Device drivers are included in most commercial imaging packages to assist registration and to allow real-time and off-line fluorescence overlays from two cameras.
Easy and Precise Alignment
The TwinCam dual camera adapter offers an improved camera single screw fixation with enhanced rigidity for large scientific cameras as well as a simplified focus and orientation control. The adapter input has a variable rectangular aperture enabling the use of the cropped sensor mode on both detectors. A pupil plane focus adjustment is added for easy optimization with spinning disk ports and to allow precise positioning of optical components in the pupil plane. Furthermore, the rapidly interchangeable Cairn filter cube is characterized by a fine mechanical X-Y-adjustment for pixel overlay or deliberate image offset.
- Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Simultaneous use of two dyes or genetic markers
- Ratiometric imaging
- Polarization studies
- Simultaneous transmitted light and fluorescence
- Simultaneous high speed and high resolution
- Simultaneous multi Z-depth imaging
- Improved camera clamps for enhanced rigidity and simplified focus
- Rapidly interchangeable cubes
- Compact design with integral C-mount input and output ports (optional T- or F-mount)
- 1x, 1.3x and 1.7x magnification
- Support for sensors up to 18.8 mm diagonal (13.3 mm x 13.3 mm sensors)
- Angled and flat auxiliary drop ins for spectral, neutral density or polarizing filters
- 25 mm filters and standard microscope dichroic sizes (larger format on request)
- 40 mm diameter proprietary optics
- 425 nm to 875 nm AR coatings on all surfaces