The MultiCam four-way camera adapter from our partner company Cairn Research Ltd. gives the opportunity to connect up to four high-end imaging cameras to one camera port for simultaneous imaging. The unit accommodates three standard filter cubes allowing light to be distributed on the basis of wavelength, polarization state or focal depth. Nevertheless, the custom designed optics guarantee a superior image quality on large sensors of sCMOS or EMCCD cameras. Furthermore, an enhanced performance with all camera sensors is ensured by a correspondingly larger aperture and a better correction.
The simple and accessible design makes the MultiCam an excellent platform for alternative applications, such as polarization imaging, multi-depth imaging or simultaneous high speed and high resolution studies by using cameras optimized for different attributes. Therefore, the rotating filter mount and the beamsplitter option complete your setup. Each port can be fitted with different magnification optics to accommodate all popular sensor sizes and a wide range of fields of view. As the internal optics are infinity corrected, manual or motorized filter changers can also be fitted to input and output ports.
Device drivers are included in some commercial imaging packages to assist registration and to allow real-time and off-line fluorescence overlays from multiple cameras. Alternatively we can advise on Master/ Slave configurations using multiple computers and commercial or Open Source software.
Easy and Precise Alignment
The MultiCam four-way camera adapter offers an improved camera fixation with enhanced rigidity on upright and inverted frames for large scientific cameras as well as a simplified focus and orientation control. The adapter input has a variable rectangular aperture enabling the use of the cropped sensor mode on both detectors. Furthermore, each filter cube can be easily interchanged and has a fine mechanical X-Y adjustment for pixel overlay or deliberate image offset.
- Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Simultaneous use of multiple dyes or genetic markers
- Ratiometric imaging
- Polarisation studies
- Simultaneous transmitted light and fluorescence
- Simultaneous high speed and high resolution
- Simultaneous multi Z-depth imaging
• Can be configured for up to four cameras and easily upgradable
• Choice of magnifications (upon request)
• Rapidly interchangeable cubes
• Compact design with integral C-mount input and output ports (optional T- or F- mount)
• Support for sensors up to 18.8 mm diagonal (13.3 mm x 13.3 mm sensors)
• Angled and flat auxiliary drop ins for spectral, neutral density or polarising filters
• Supports 25 mm filters and standard microscope dichroic sizes
• 40 mm diameter proprietary optics
• 425 nm to 875 nm coatings on all surfaces